birding-aus

RFI Magpies

To: "'Peter Baitz'" <>, "'Birding Aus'" <>
Subject: RFI Magpies
From: "Philip Veerman" <>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 11:30:26 +1100
I suggest read "Magpie Alert" by Darryl Jones. ISBN: 0-86840-668-6. This
is a book mostly about the issue of magpie attacks on people in urban
areas. I wrote a review of it in CBN. To access that, open via our web
browser "cbn.canberrabirds.org.au/documents/cbnvol27no3.pdf"  and then
scroll down to pages 138-139.

Philip Veerman
24 Castley Circuit
Kambah  ACT  2902

02 - 62314041

-----Original Message-----From:
 On Behalf Of Peter Baitz
Sent: Thursday, 25 November 2010 8:32 PM  To: Birding Aus  Subject:
[Birding-Aus] RFI Magpies

Evening All

I am seeking a [or more] book/books on Aus.magpies,I have read
Australian Magpie by Gisela Kaplan,
which I enjoyed and wetted the appetite for more.I also wonder if
anyone is or has studied casting by magpies
as I have a family of magpies who have been openly casting in my back
yard for some time.

regards

peter baitz