birding-aus

Re: Canon Cameras

To: David Stowe <>
Subject: Re: Canon Cameras
From: Alistair McKeough <>
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 2010 08:39:12 +1100
My experience mirrors David's. In fact, I sold the 2x converter for that
reason.

Gitzo tripod, Markins M20, Wimberley sidekick, all locked down tight and
still...

Are the images good? Yes. But you do notice they're not *quite* as sharp and
I find it annoying! Maybe I'm too much of a pixel peeper though Akos - I
know Art Morris happily uses a 2x when he needs the reach.

Also, bear in mind that Dave is the sort of lucky bugger that can get his
hands on an 800 when needs the reach... :)

Al