birding-aus

RE: RE: [Birding-Aus] NSW Ostriches

To: "'Tony Russell'" <>, "'Dave Torr'" <>, "'Nikolas Haass'" <>
Subject: RE: RE: [Birding-Aus] NSW Ostriches
From: "Tony Russell" <>
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 16:55:34 +1030
Like, the day you see them.  A few of us South Ozzies went after the Mt
Arden ones a few years ago. We found about a dozen and ticked them
immediately. How is one supposed to know their age or generation? All we
knew was that some had been in the area since early last century. So should
we have waited for a three generational time lapse (20 years?, anybody's
guess) and gone back for another look ? Nonsense, I'd be well and truly in
my box before then.

Tony