birding-aus

Lockyer Valley trip, 5th October

To: "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>
Subject: Lockyer Valley trip, 5th October
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 14:04:01 +1000
Hi all,

Due to popular request, I've put some of my more commonly visited sites in
the Lockyer Valley into Wildiaries.  You can see the individual locations we
visited on the 5th of October in this trip report:
http://aussiebirding.wildiaries.com/trips/10323

You can bring up the individual trip locations to see a map of where the
site is, or you can visit the actual location page for the site where one
has been created.  If you turn on "map" or "hybrid" instead of "satellite"
on the map you can see the roads in the area and work out how to get to the
location.

For an example, here is the page for Lake Clarendon:
http://aussiebirding.wildiaries.com/trips/10323/trip_days/10883/display

Highlights of the day were once again having great views of Black Falcon,
Ground Cuckoo-shrike at Lake Clarendon, and a frustratingly heard but not
seen Little Bronze-cuckoo at Adare Rd.  Musk Lorikeets were a good find for
Toowoomba, though I understand these birds may have been present for a good
chunk of the year.

I will no doubt be adding to my list of birding sites out in the Lockyer, so
watch this space!

Regards,
Chris