birding-aus

Vale Terry Pacey

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Vale Terry Pacey
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 20:08:36 +1000
Terry Pacey was an active birder in South-east Queensland, the Darling Downs and the Solomon Islands. He was an active participant on Birding Aus a few years ago - some birding aussers may recall that he found a Painted Snipe lurking in a wetland fed by a leaking water pipe on the Gold Coast around the time that Sean Dooley was doing his Big Twitch. Tee Pee (as he was known to his mates) was very helpful to birders trying to spot species on his patch - I remember receiving some useful pointers as to where to look for Painted Honeyeaters on the Darling Downs. Other birders received handy tips for finding birds around Lamington and the Gold Coast. Terry always liked to have a chat about birds and birding, and I enjoyed several visits to his home on the Gold Coast. Terry suffered from a number of long-term illnesses. Terry's wife Sue has informed me that Terry passed away on Wednesday night and that his funeral will be held at the Allambe Memorial Park on Monday.
Regards, Laurie.