birding-aus

Spraying for Locusts - RFI

To: Merrilyn Serong <>, Colin R <>
Subject: Spraying for Locusts - RFI
From: Denise Goodfellow <>
Date: Fri, 24 Sep 2010 17:08:22 +0930
I was interviewed on Bush Telegraph a couple of months ago re this topic and
gave a recipe for Crispy Fried Grasshopper in Sake.  Over a decade ago I
suggested we begin exporting locusts to Japan where they are a scarce
delicacy, scarce because of the loss of rice paddies and verges.

Denise
--
Denise Lawungkurr Goodfellow
PO Box 3460 NT 0832, AUSTRALIA

Birdwatching and Indigenous tourism consultant
PhD Candidate
Interpreter/transcriber, Lonely Planet Guide to Aboriginal Australia

Research survey:
For American birders -
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?sm=h3NCqTwur3H_2bPlbFtk_2bSpw_3d_3d

http://www.denisegoodfellow.com.au
http://www.earthfoot.org
www.fatbirder.com/
For copies of Birds of Australia¹s Top End or Quiet Snake Dreaming, visit
amazon.com