birding-aus

A chorus line of Albert's [SEQ]

To: Peter Shute <>,
Subject: A chorus line of Albert's [SEQ]
From: Carol Probets <>
Date: Mon, 6 Sep 2010 16:55:39 +1000
Hi Peter,

Lucky you! I can't comment on your question regarding the Alberts specifically, but I am currently doing some work on Superb Lyrebirds in the Blue Mountains, where we also have populations of tame birds in places they have a lot of contact with people, e.g. at Scenic World. I can say with confidence that these birds are not fed but they are habituated to tourists to the extent that they can be observed as closely as 2-4 metres without taking any notice of the observer. (It makes them truly amazing study subjects!)

Cheers,

Carol