birding-aus

Trespassing

To: <>
Subject: Trespassing
From: "Andrew Thelander" <>
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2010 20:58:43 +1000
Hej Tom!

I mentioned allemansrätten on birding-aus some years ago and got flamed!  I
hope you get a kinder response.  Mind you, I read in the Swedish newspapers
these days that poor Third World people are being brought into Sweden in
spring/summer to roam around picking wild blueberries.  There is always
somebody looking for loopholes to make a profit!

I exercised my allemansrätt in Sweden without incident or complication.
Quite often the landowner would come and quiz me about what I was up to and
have a chat.  I saw spillkråka (black woodpecker) on private land - nice to
be able to do it without worrying about trespassing!

Cheers
Andrew