birding-aus

Info re trip to Simson Desert - Hay River Track

To: <>, <>
Subject: Info re trip to Simson Desert - Hay River Track
From: "Steve Potter" <>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 13:26:06 +0930
Hi Carla,

Yesterday I had a look at a friends photo's of a trip across the Simpson
Desert in mid July this year.
They went from Oodnadatta to Birdsville. The Colour was amazing with every
hill covered with flowers.
There was water everywhere!! An awesome sight. The tracks were fine and
easily make able.

As a non-birder, he did say it was a bit sparse wildlife wise. The only
thing they saw were 2 Emu and 2 guys jogging (with a support vehicle)??

Cheers

Steve Potter
m: 0407 398 234
e:

Info re trip to Simson Desert - Hay River Track
from [Ian & Carla Jackett
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/namazu.cgi?query=%2Bfr
om%3Abellawongarah%40bigpond.com&idxname=birding-aus&sort=date%3Alate> ]
[Permanent Link
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/mesg.cgi?a=birding-aus
&i=000c01cb3b3c%244fbe28d0%24ef3a7a70%24%40com> ][Original
<http://bioacoustics.cse.unsw.edu.au/archives/cgi-bin/extract-mesg.cgi?a=bir
ding-aus&m=2010-08&i=000c01cb3b3c%244fbe28d0%24ef3a7a70%24%40com> ]