birding-aus

Streaming

To: Birding Aus <>
Subject: Streaming
From: Alan McBride <>
Date: Wed, 04 Aug 2010 14:49:20 +1000
Ni all,

In the interests of us all and a pleasant exchange with Carl Clifford this
morning and coming from a 30 year background in advertising where only
political advertising offends; I sent Simon Mustoe a Streaming Option I saw on
Facebook this afternoon without any embedded ads and wondered if it was a
viable alternative?

Simon has provided a rationale for his Streaming choice and I think it's a fair
representation of what he is trying to achieve and contains costs I certainly
wasn't aware of. I have asked his permission to post his response which he has
agreed to.

Having written a number of items for Wildiaries /Bird-O I know that the
platform he is putting forward can be of immense benefit to all (and I include
all the sites we all visit daily here) and would encourage anyone to have a
private conversation with me if doubts persist. Having said that I'm off
birding tomorrow, bright and early, to Gloucester and other enchanting winter
hotspots (so no phone or e-mail) ;-) ! (It's a thing I have about birding in
winter against all odds;-)  !)

Regardless, I'm not sure Birding Aus, Birds Australia, BOCA, Eremea, Birdpeedia
or others would want to pay the sort of money required below to offer what
Bird-O offers, nor would I expect them to. Facebook probably don't have ads as
they have more money than Simon and Bird-O.

The interesting thing about the sea-eagle site is the camera is based out of
Birds Australia's Sydney operation;-)

I'm certainly happy to support Bird-O on this as I can see a brilliant future
for Aussie birding through it.

Best wishes

Alan

PS I have an ulcer so I can't take Nurofen or other Ibuprofen drugs;-)

Alan McBride, MBO.

Photojournalist | Writer | Traveller |  +
Member:    Australian Photographic Society
                        International Travel Writers & Photographers Alliance
                        National Association of Independent Writers & Editors
                        American Writers & Artists Inc.
                        Travelwriters . com
Regional Representative Australia: Neotropical Bird Club

http://web.me.com/amcbride1
http://www.worldreviewer.com/member/alanmcbride/
http://www.linkedin.com/in/alanmcbride
http://www.twitter.com/alanmcbride

Good planets are hard to find; until we do, please, be green and read from the
screen

Tel:                + 61 419 414 860
Fax:              + 61 2 9973 2306
Skype:             mcbird101

P O Box 190 | Newport Beach | NSW 2106 | Australia

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it, are confidential and intended
solely for the use of the individual or entity to which they are addressed. If
you have received this e-mail in error please notify the sender. This e-mail is
also subject to copyright. No part of it should be reproduced, adapted or
transmitted without the prior written consent of the copyright owner.

Begin forwarded message: