birding-aus

ISO setting

To: "Greg Little" <>
Subject: ISO setting
From: Laurie Knight <>
Date: Fri, 30 Jul 2010 10:04:36 +1000
Does you friend has a stabilised lens? If so, you only need a high shutter speed (1/500) for flying birds. Generally you can get away with much lower speeds if the birds are roosting.

Ultimately, if you want to have sharp pictures where you can see individual feather filaments, you wouldn't want to go beyond ISO 320.

Regards, Laurie.