birding-aus

Round Hill - Nombinnie Trip

To: "'Carl Weber'" <>, <>
Subject: Round Hill - Nombinnie Trip
From: "Tony Palliser" <>
Date: Tue, 27 Jul 2010 00:07:09 +1000
Carl,
Thanks for the report I always enjoy reading trip reports from Round Hill as
I have a soft-spot and many fond memories from that locality. Having been
there 5 times in all it was only in October that I finally connected with
the Red-lored Whistler when back in 2000 there were at least 5 pairs within
walking distance from the three ways intersection.   Yet every trip since I
too have dipped.  Anyway the point is don't give up they are there, but must
be a lot easier when they are calling.  I admit that I did try using call
back, but without success! - a most interesting species given the fact that
they appear to hold the same habitat as Gilbert's and in many respects look
so similar.

Cheers
Tony