birding-aus

Orange-bellied Parrot at Healesville Sanctuary

To: "'brian fleming'" <>
Subject: Orange-bellied Parrot at Healesville Sanctuary
From: "Michelle Plant" <>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 10:03:52 +1000
Anthea,

>From my experience they have extremely conscientious Vets on board at
Healesville - especially in the Avian department.  I am confident that they
would be on top of such issues.

In my screening of parrots for PhD it was somewhat common to see some
individuals with larger bare patches at breast than normal (not disease or
stress related) - recently showed Avian Vet and there was no concern
expressed.

May I suggest that if you would like follow up to your concern that you
contact the Veterinary department at Healesville directly - they will be
able to reassure/inform you explicitly about the individual and any
management they are employing.  If you would like a contact please let me
know.

Michelle Plant