birding-aus

Xeno Canto - Free Bird Calls Website + Redthroats at Bowra

To: <>
Subject: Xeno Canto - Free Bird Calls Website + Redthroats at Bowra
From: Judith Hoyle <>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 10:08:18 +0000
Hi David,

The good news is that you don't need to convert the songs for them to play in
your iTunes.

Right click on the 'disc' icon of the tune you want to copy.Left click on 'save
link as'Save into a created folder - for example I saved the Indian Robin into
a folder I named Indian Birdsong and gave it the file name "Indian Robin" (the
original file name is not necessarily the name of the bird, for some reason
that is beyond me)
Open My MusicOpen the folder with the copied calls.  Highlight call or calls
you want to import into iTunes and drag and drop it/them across into your
iTunes music library.
It took me a while to find out where they had gone, but you will find them
under "artists" - they come across as the name of the person who recorded the
call. In my case this was Sander Bot.  I clicked on his name, and hey presto
the Indian Robin was there.  I then dragged and dropped this into the Indian
Birds playlist that I had set up before starting.

Sounds a bit laborious but it is quite easy and quick once you get the hang of
it.

Hope this all helps - have sent it out to the list as other members may like
the same information.

Kind regards

Judith