birding-aus

Panamanian birds

Subject: Panamanian birds
From: Olga Kotnowska <>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 21:54:08 +1200
Hello!

My name is Ola Kotnowska, and currently I am writing up a Masters of Science
Communication in non-fiction creative writing at Otago University. As part
of the thesis, I have to write a book (a science communication book). In a
very short summary, I am writing an anthology of short stories about the
life of animals and people in the Panamanian jungle. I want to use
"imaginative literature" to tell of the relationship between the environment
and people, and through that, educate about the importance and current
status of "tropical forest" conservation.

I have spent 3 months in the tropical forests of Panama, and have seen quite
a few different species of birds, but unfortunately I haven't caught many of
their names, nor general information. So I am writing to ask for names of
any interesting books, journal articles, websites, videos, anything really
with information about tropical birds, and especially birds of the
Panamanian jungles!

Thank you!!!

Ola