birding-aus

grey goshawks on the wire

To: "'Chris'" <>, <>
Subject: grey goshawks on the wire
From: "Andrew Thelander" <>
Date: Sat, 15 May 2010 14:26:51 +1000
Hi Chris
I have been observing the highway birds for about 3 years now.  Two are male
and female often seen near each other and I suspect they are a breeding pair
and the highway is within their breeding territory.  Greg may be right about
a rat irruption but the number of Grey goshawks I have been seeing doesn't
suggest an influx. Greg, however, is out and about more than me so is
perhaps in a better position to judge.
Cheers

Andrew Thelander