birding-aus

albatross ID

Subject: albatross ID
From: Erik Kleyheeg <>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 11:09:39 +1000
Hi all,

yesterday I saw two albatrosses from the beach west of Barwon Heads,
Victoria, together with hundreds of shearwaters. I didn't bring a scope, so
I wasn't able to identify the birds that were so far out at sea. However,
one of the albatrosses was close enough for me to make some poor record
shots and I wondered if anyone might want to take the challenge to identify
this bird... The photos are in the record shots album on my Australia page:
www.pbase.com/kleyheeg/australia2010.
Thanks a lot for any ID suggestions!

Cheers,
Erik

Ps. I would also like to thank everyone who suggested that I should go to
the You Yangs. I went there on Saturday and saw not only Swift Parrots, but
6 other lifers as well. Great!

--
Kleyheeg Natuurfotografie
www.pbase.com/kleyheeg