birding-aus

Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest

To: <>
Subject: Birdpedia - Australia - Weekly Digest
From: "Birdpedia - Australia Info" <>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2010 00:02:02 +0930
The following is a digest of Sightings Reported on Birdpedia for the period
04/18/2010 to 04/25/2010:

Area: NT

Date: 04/14/2010

Location: Alice Springs Telegraph Station Historical Reserve

Channel-billed Cuckoo (Scythrops novaehollandiae) (1) Juvenile Channel-billed
cuckoo in tree being fed by crow. Both Channel-billed Cuckoo and crow flew off
after about a minute.

Reported by: David Newell on 04/22/2010

Area: SA

Date: 04/19/2010

Location: Totness RP - Northern Section

Varied Sittella (Daphoenositta chrysoptera) (5) One of 30 species seen by Kevin
Williams and Bob Snell during a two hour visit. The area of gorse along the
right hand (high) path from the entrance gate (K Williams) and the board walk
proved to be the most productive.

Reported by: Bob Snell on 04/20/2010

Date: 04/20/2010

Location: Lake Alexandrina Meningie

Australian Pelican (Pelecanus conspicillatus) (1500) 1500 to 2000 birds had
congregated on the edge of the lake just outside of town. More birds were
flying in for the short time we were there. A further 150 birds were at Narrung
near the Ferry crossing.

Reported by: Winston Syson on 04/22/2010

Date: 04/21/2010

Location: Point Sturt

Flame Robin (Petroica phoenicea) (1) One immature bird was seen on the top of
the cliff. Yellow-orange feathers were starting to show on the breast and
throat. See photo.

Reported by: Peter Gower on 04/23/2010