birding-aus

upfront

To: <>
Subject: upfront
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2010 23:05:19 +1000
This is so ironic Judith. That's exactly what I did the other day. I went
into a farmhouse to explain what I was doing, only to be told that I was
trespassing and to get the hell off the property! I approached these kindly
folk because the day before, in the same general area, I was by the road,
lurking in some tall grass in search of quail, when a local's car pulled up
and the occupants demanded to know what I was doing. You can't win.

As for the cops, I don't accept that this was acceptable behaviour. I would
warned the officer concerned to back off or be the subject of an official
complaint to the Crime and Misconduct Commission and the Police
Commissioner. I've done it before; it works.

Greg Roberts

Judith:

"Being a lone woman, I was birding from my car window on the weekend, when
an

off-duty policeman pulled up behind me, & demanded I prove I was a

birdwatcher, & advised me that whenever I stopped the car I had to go into

all the surrounding houses & inform them I am a birdwatcher."