birding-aus

Bird Hides - designs

To: Colin R <>, Greg & Val Clancy <>, "" <>
Subject: Bird Hides - designs
From: Peter Shute <>
Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2010 12:24:28 +1100
I guess the designers  feel they have to cater for the shortest people, because
the taller ones at least have the option of bending down.

I hadn't considered the need for a backing wall before, and I don't know how
you'd easily test the effectiveness of it.  Have you been able to observe that
it makes much difference?  I've found that even being able to get behind
something so only your head is visible to the birds makes a big diference, and
that a simple slit is even better.

Peter Shute