birding-aus

Pied Currawongs in Melbourne

To: "'Mark Stanley'" <>, <>
Subject: Pied Currawongs in Melbourne
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Sun, 21 Mar 2010 20:37:52 +1100
Hi Mark,

They can be seen reasonably frequently along St Kilda Road, and around
Albert Park Lake. I work in St Kilda Road - I probably see Currawongs once
every week or so. Keep a look out for Yellow-tailed Black Cockatoos, as well
as the usual Sulphur-crested Cockatoos. There's also Long-billed Corellas,
and on occasion odd birds like Darters that I've seen flying over! I suspect
that part of the reason for the diversity is that this area falls half-way
between Albert Park Lake and the Royal Botanical Gardens.

All the best,

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Vic