birding-aus

kununurra - Oriental Reed Warblers

To: Mike Carter <>
Subject: kununurra - Oriental Reed Warblers
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 14:21:11 +0800
Hi Mike

Thanks for the photos and info.   The photos are confirming of the bird I
saw.  It was interesting to read about the streaking, not being on all
birds(I didn't see any, but I don't remember having a good look at the bird
from the front).  It was also good to read your description of bill and look
at the photos, as it fits with what I saw.  A large bill with what I would
describe as a HINT of a curve down(not really, only a suggestion of it might
want to curve!)  Pizzey described "very like Australian Reed-Warbler: bill
slightly shorter, heavier" so that was a bit of an anomaly.

Thanks again

Gary