birding-aus

Red-rumped Swallows Newell Beach Qld

To: "birding aus" <>
Subject: Red-rumped Swallows Newell Beach Qld
From: "Adrian Boyle" <>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 18:55:58 +0800
Hi all.

Sorry for the late posting but have been travelling lots over the past few weeks.

Thought I should report that I had upto 6 Red-Rumped Swallows on a fence line on the approach to Newell Beach near Mossman Qld on the 28th, 29th and 30th of Jan 2010.

Despite hundreds of Martins at the otherside of the Newell Beach township none could be located in this large flock and on each of the 3 days the swallows were observed with only approx 20 Welcome Swallow,Fairy and Tree Martins.
No Barn Swallows were recorded in the area.

Some of my photos can be viewed at the below address.
http://www.pbase.com/wildlifeimages/red_rumped_swallow

Cheers Adrian Boyle