birding-aus

masked owl & marbled frogmouth in sunshine coast hinterland

To: <>
Subject: masked owl & marbled frogmouth in sunshine coast hinterland
From: "Greg Roberts" <>
Date: Fri, 12 Feb 2010 07:08:25 +1000
Last night I had a Masked Owl calling well near Lake Cooloolabin in the
Sunshine Coast hinterland. It didn't show but I was pretty chuffed because
I've now got Masked, Sooty and Grass Owls within 15km of my residence.

Also last night I had terrific views of a female Marbled Frogmouth. I found
the frogmouth at two new places in the Blackall Range, bringing to three the
number of new sites I have located for it since October.

I saw another Grass Owl last Friday evening - my eight sighting of the
species from four sites in recent weeks on the Sunshine Coast.

Greg Roberts