birding-aus

Combining BA - BOCA About Bloody Time!

To: <>
Subject: Combining BA - BOCA About Bloody Time!
From: "Alan Gillanders" <>
Date: Tue, 2 Feb 2010 08:07:06 +1000
From: "Tony Russell" <>
I wonder which one will gobble up the other's funds as usually happens in a
merger and which management group will come out on top. Interesting .
Tony

Of course there will be difficulties but more importantly perceptions of dominance and loss of control. This will happen at all levels. If one wants a particular outcome then it needs to be worked towards. I would like to see one well functioning peak bird watching and bird conservation organisation and believe there is a lot of goodwill towards achieving that end. I think that the timing of this could well hinge around the end of term for the current CEOs. We will need to retain many of the staff of each organisation to maintain that corporate knowledge.

We need a structure under which local groups and regions (what ever they are called) can exercise independence while still maintaining a unity of purpose and direction.
Regards,
Alan