birding-aus

Lesser Paradise Kingfisher at Saibai Island - Northern Myth blog & Crike

To: "Birding-Aus (Forum)" <>, NT Birds group <>, BirdChat posts <>
Subject: Lesser Paradise Kingfisher at Saibai Island - Northern Myth blog & Crikey posts
From: bob gosford <>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 15:13:35 +0930
Dear all,

Just a note further to Rohan Clarke's earlier post at Birding-Aus re finding
a specimen of the *Lesser Paradise Kingfisher* (aka *Aru/Little Paradise
Kingfisher*).

I have a short piece in today's Crikey - *Bird of the week: Common
Paradise Kingfisher* that can be seen here:
http://www.crikey.com.au/2010/01/29/bird-of-the-week-common-paradise-kingfisher/

You will note that there is a mis-identification of the bird as a *Common
Paradise Kingfisher*.

This piece was filed with Crikey at about 9am Qld time before I jumped on a
plane back home to Alice.

Once I got home and checked my emails I noted Rohan's earlier post. I have
corrected the mis-identification in the blog post at The Northern Myth.

I also have a longer blog post at my Crikey blog The Northern Myth, with
more photos etc here:
http://blogs.crikey.com.au/northern/2010/01/29/roadkill-of-the-week-lesser-paradise-kingfisher-tanysiptera-hydrocharis/

You can also see more photos taken by Rohan at his excellent Wildlife Images
site here: http://www.pbase.com/wildlifeimages/lesser_paradise_kingfisher

As always your comments etc are welcome.

Bob Gosford
--
Robert Gosford
Crikey.com