birding-aus

Another way to view birding-aus/ Birding-aus a forum? etc

To: "Russell Woodford" <>
Subject: Another way to view birding-aus/ Birding-aus a forum? etc
From: "Margaret Cameron" <>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 09:36:40 +1000
Thanks Russell

I like the list the way it is too! And congratulations on No Spam!

I would like the Archive a bit easier to search but I am prepared to believe that if I tried harder I would learn to do it more skilfully.

I don't use the Digest.

With quite a lot of experience in trying to provide information to a range of users of various interests and skills, I now believe that the more you try to make one system serve too many purposes at once the more you are likely to muck it up. So please keep at any rate this front end simple and straightforward!

Most of the things that can be annoying on Birding-aus are nothing to do with the system but the result of human behaviour - not changing the subject line when you change the subject, and what Sean Dooley calls "too much information" in the Internet section of Anoraks to Zitting Cisticola - ie a sequence of information of decreasing relevance to the original question, are just 2 examples. Technology will never fix this, humans just find new ways to be annoying. (Yes that was an advertisement for Sean's book, I enjoyed it a lot and learnt a lot from it.)

And birding-aussers, please keep reporting rare and exciting sightings here!

Thanks Russell and Bill, thanks birding-aus contributors!

Margaret

Margaret Cameron
2 Cintra Street
Eastern Heights, Qld