birding-aus

what chance an upcoming eruption of Letter-winged Kites?

To: david taylor <>
Subject: what chance an upcoming eruption of Letter-winged Kites?
From: Tom Tarrant <>
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 03:56:19 +1000
Hi Dave,

In 1991 I managed to get out to No2 Bore, Davenport Downs Station (now
Astrebla NP) Qld with Pete Morris (Rob's brother) and though there were
plenty of juvenile letter-wings I didn't hear of too many 'eruptees' after
the fact (though I did go overseas for a couple of years)

I recall three at Bownville near Dalby, Qld around 1995-1996

Might be interesting to hear of any other sightings around the early
'nineties.

Tom

On Mon, Jan 18, 2010 at 8:54 PM, david taylor <

--
Tom Tarrant

http://kobble.aviceda.org

http://picasaweb.google.com.au/aviceda/