birding-aus

Regent Honeyeater - Nurragingy Reserve, Doonside NSW

To: Tun Pin Ong <>
Subject: Regent Honeyeater - Nurragingy Reserve, Doonside NSW
From: Nigel Jackett <>
Date: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 10:17:04 +0800
Hi Tun,

Too slender for a tiger and the head shape is all wrong...It looks like a
Yellow-faced Whipsnake (Demansia psammophis) to me. They are fast and shy,
and if you tried to catch it and were bitten, the symptoms would be similar
to that of a bee sting. Not sure about the crake-like calls though, as the
only noise a skink could possibly make is a hiss (and that would only be
audible from a very large lizard!)

Cheers,

Nigel