birding-aus

bird guiding

To: birding birding-aus <>
Subject: bird guiding
From: Russell Woodford <>
Date: Wed, 16 Dec 2009 12:50:07 +1100
Thanks for these comments, Greg. You've put this far better than I could have.

I've received quite a few comments lately on what Birding-Aus is or isn't, should be or should not be. That last paragraph encapsulates what I intended when I set the list up about 15 years ago:
to share information and help expand our understanding of birds.

I think we have been incredibly fortunate to have been able to share and receive so much information over the years - thanks to all the contributors, and also to Andrew Taylor who set up and maintains the archive which is every bit as important as the mailing list itself. I'd hate to see contributors become less willing to share information just because some rude, selfish people think they have the right to know everything, when they want it, under their own terms.

Thank you to everyone who, like Alan Gillanders, has made Birding-Aus a richer forum for us all.

Russell Woodford

Birding-Aus List Owner

Geelong   Victoria   Australia
http://www.birding-aus.org