birding-aus

Channel- Billed Cuckoo

To: <>
Subject: Channel- Billed Cuckoo
From: Graham&Jenny Beal <>
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:45:10 +1100
Channel-Billed Cuckoo Melville Park Drive , Berwick.(S.E Melbourne suburbs )

Yesterday Mon 30th Nov. I saw my first Victorian Channel-Billed Cuckoo.

It was seen perched and calling in "exotic" trees of a Retirement Village where
I work and was brought to my attention when mobbed by the local Magpies at
approx.14.30.

As it is also known as Stormbird or Rainbird I thought that this was
appropriate with the tropical type weather that we have been experiencing
lately!!

I have often wondered, after the comments about the Mt.Eliza bird many years
ago, if one would ever turn up in 2 Moreton Bay Figs nearby. One on Melville
Park Drive and the other around the corner on the Princes Highway.

I will check these in the coming days.
Graham Beal