birding-aus

Re: How many species in southern Qld/northern NSW this Spring?

To: Michael Atzeni <>
Subject: Re: How many species in southern Qld/northern NSW this Spring?
From: Michael Atzeni <>
Date: Sun, 15 Nov 2009 22:52:53 +0800 (WST)
Hi all

So far this Spring, 301 species have been reported within a 250 km radius of
Toowoomba:

http://www.toowoombabirdobservers.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=57

This has bettered our final Winter total of 298 species, but is way short of
the 350 target I set at the start of Spring.  I'm sure, with your cooperation,
we can still give it a real shake though with 15 days of Spring still
remaining.   All we need is 49 of the 137 species on the wanted list (further
below) to be reported with date (approximate if unsure) and location.

Please note it's not necessary to be a Toowoomba Bird Observers member.  If you
prefer not to register and post
directly to the TBO forum, then please email me your sightings and I'll
post them on your behalf.   Anywhere between Ballina NSW and Inskip Point QLD,
and inland to Miles,
Westmar and Goondiwindi is in the area. If you'd like a map showing the exact
boundary, please email me off-line.

Here's the current Wanted list:

 Little Penguin
 Hoary-headed Grebe