birding-aus

Pelagic trip to the Mercury Islands for Pycrofts Petrel

To: birding aus <>
Subject: Pelagic trip to the Mercury Islands for Pycrofts Petrel
From: robert morris <>
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 2009 10:55:13 +0000

Hi

I have arranged a pelagic on the 12th December on North Island NZ (out of
Whitiange to go and see Pycroft's Petrels at their breeding grounds.

If anyone is in New Zealand and wants to come - please let me know. These are
the details.

3-5 people cost $1200. There are 2 places left. It is a comfortable boat that
has done the trip many times out of Whitianga. The captain Andy Kerr knows
exactly where to find the petrels gathering in the evening.

We will go at 1pm to Red Mercury and return later in the early evening around
7-8pm. We should see good nmbers of Pycroft's as well as Cooks Petrels and
other seabirds.

Participants would simply pay a direct share of the costs.

Thanks

Rob Morris

Brisbane, Australia