birding-aus

One birder tackles the technology- Twitchathon on Twitter

To: "'Sean Dooley'" <>, <>
Subject: One birder tackles the technology- Twitchathon on Twitter
From: "Paul Dodd" <>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 23:14:58 +1100
Hi Sean,

Thanks for the tweets during the race! It was fun following your progress,
and even though we never considered ourselves serious competition to the
Turkeys, every time you said things were going slowly for you, I have to
admit that we momentarily thought we might have some hope!

Three of our team were busily tweeting too, throughout the race. It only
occurred to me later that you were tweeting by SMS, so probably couldn't
receive our messages!

I have Twitter linked to Facebook, so my tweets were immediately published
to my Facebook friends - so our progress was being followed by quite a
number of birders, worldwide. We had many comments during the 24 hour
period.

An interesting side-story to the Twitchathon itself, I thought.

Paul Dodd
Docklands, Victoria

The Gang-gang Gang.