birding-aus

Yorke Peninsula/northern Adelaide trip report Addendum

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Yorke Peninsula/northern Adelaide trip report Addendum
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Sun, 1 Nov 2009 22:23:35 +1100
A few things I forgot to add.
Black-tailed Native-hen were everywhere (50+ Salt Swamp Creek, 100s on two
other swamps on Yorke Peninsula, lots around north Adelaide).
A swamp just north of Yorketown had most of the waterbirds I saw on the
peninsula (and no Black or Wood Ducks). One salt lake on the Yorketown-Port
Moorowrie Road had Avocets and Banded Stilt - virtually every other lake didn't
have a bird (at least seen on the drive past).
Didn't see Little Wattlebirds or Superb Fairy-wren on YP (though some heard at
Chinamans Cap were possibly the latter) - I would be interested in any info on
their abundance. Saw both in Adelaide (though they were the most reluctant SFW
I have ever dealt with).
Cheers,
Peter