birding-aus

Waders at Manly and Wynnum, Brisbane, QLD

To: "Chris Sanderson" <>,
Subject: Waders at Manly and Wynnum, Brisbane, QLD
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Fri, 28 Aug 2009 13:45:26 +1000
Hi Chris

Just out of curiosity - were you there at low or high tide? I only ask
becasue in my experience, the Lesser Crested Terns seemed to be there at
low, rather than high, tide and that might explain why there were 15, a
higher number than I remember hearing of before - I usually visit at
high, naturally, to get the best of the waders. Good to hear of the Red
Knots - last season we only saw the odd one or two. I wonder if they are
passing thru on their way south?

Colin

--
  Colin Reid