birding-aus

broome vicinity

To: birding aus <>
Subject: broome vicinity
From: Gary Wright <>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 11:26:45 +0930
Hi

I am living at Bobieding a small community outside of  Beagle Bay on Dampier
peninsula.  I thought it might be interesting to give you a picture of the
bird life here.

Birds seen everyday, incidental sighting/hearings
brolga
eastern curlew
bush stone curlew(heard-almost everyday)
pied butcherbird
blue winged kookaburra
little friarbird
rufous whistler
grey crowned babbler
corella
redwinged parrot
red tailed black cockatoo
brahminy kite
magpie lark
rainbow beeeater
torresian crow

Birds easily seen by looking:
white throated gerygone
mangrove gerygone
jacky winter
lemon bellied flycatcher
sacred kingfisher
 beach stone curlew
pied oystercatcher
seagull
sacred ibis
straw necked ibis
common sandpiper
whimbrel
bar tailed godwit
terek sandpiper
red capped dotterel
masked plover
greater sand plover
lesser sandplover
grey tailed tattler
curlew sandpiper
white bellied sea eagle
white  breasted woodswallow
red backed fairy wren
double barred finch
masked finch
long tailed finch
pallid cuckoo(one calling now)
brush cuckoo
australasian grebe
boobook owl
barking owl (was heard regularlya month or so ago)
brown quail
pheasant coucal
crested tern
gull billed tern
brown falcon
whistling kite
little falcon
brown goshawk
osprey
square tailed kite
pied stilt
bar shouldered dove
peaceful dove
galah
striated pardalote
rufous throated honeyeater
white throated honeyeater
red headed honeyeater
white gaped honeyeater
singing honeyeater
black faced woodswallow
masked  woodswallow
black faced cuckoo shrike
little cuckoo shrike
tree martin
mistletoe bird
silvereye
mangrove heron
white faced heron
white necked heron
great bower bird
sitella
brown honeyeater
yellow tinted honeyeater

This list would not be comprehensive, just off the top of my head.

One off or unusual sightings:

leaden flycatcher
glossy ibis
mangrove fantial