birding-aus

Black-chinned Honeyeater - Morayfield SE Qld

To: "birds" <>
Subject: Black-chinned Honeyeater - Morayfield SE Qld
From: "Colin R" <>
Date: Mon, 24 Aug 2009 09:10:54 +1000
Hi

On Sunday morning, eagerly following Gavin G's excellent details in an
attempt to find Swift Parrot, we (Rob D, Stu W & I) descended on Sheep
Station Creek Reserve in Morayfield (45 mins north of Brisbane CBD).
We didn't see any Swift P's, unfortunately, despite a second visit in
the afternoon, but we did have very vocal Black-chinned Honeyeaters - we
estimate 2 pairs - along the same track Gavin described - but at the
second 'hump'. (Pls ref Gavin's email for more details) We also had the
Crested Shrike Tits, Painted Button-quail and heaps of Little Lorikeets
and Fuscous Honeyeaters - a great location. Thanks Gavin!!

Cheers

Colin
--
  Colin Reid