birding-aus

Spring is here?

To: ? birding-aus <>
Subject: Spring is here?
From: Peter Ewin <>
Date: Sun, 16 Aug 2009 14:41:55 +1000
I was just out in the yard here in Mildura (NW Victoria) and heard the first
calls of White-breasted Woodswallows (moving very quickly on the south westerly
that is blowing here).
Over the last few days I have been to Griffith and backand Brown Songlarks were
visibly displaying on the way over and a number of species including Magpies
and Yellow-rumped Thornbills were carrying nesting material.
Pallid Cuckoos were about north of Pooncarie a few weeks ago (seen but not
heard) but no other migrants have been visible on my various travels.
I am off to Canberra for a few weeks work so I suspect most will be around by
the time I get back (and I expect to see a few while I am over further east).
Cheers,
Peter