birding-aus

RFI Birding Japan

To: Pat OMalley <>,
Subject: RFI Birding Japan
From: Nikolas Haass <>
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2009 17:07:11 -0700 (PDT)
Pat,

Attached our trip report from last year May and a few book suggestions. There
are also two great site guides - one by Mark Brazil, one by someone else
(forgot). I think, both are out of print but you may find them in used book
sales.

Field
Guide to the Birds
of East Asia by Mark Brazil. 2009. Filling a major gap in the birding
literature, this major work is the first field guide covering eastern Asia:
eastern Russia,
eastern China, Taiwan, Korea and Japan, with 528
pages, and the 985 species texts and distribution maps facing the excellent 236
colour plates. Softback £29.99.

A Photographic Guide to the Birds of Japan and
North-East Asia by Tadao Shimba. 2007. A comprehensive guide, with 504 pages
and
over 1,500 colour photographs. Softback
£24.99.

Cheers,