birding-aus

Iluka NSW .... Feral Red junglefowl?

To: "'Carl Clifford'" <>, "'John Hammond'" <>
Subject: Iluka NSW .... Feral Red junglefowl?
From: "Jeff Davies" <>
Date: Sun, 9 Aug 2009 13:31:16 +1000
G'day Carl,

Domestic fighting cocks and there are couple of breeds have ridiculously big
legs and can't be confused with Red Jungle Fowl, they are not widely kept.
There would be more domestic Bantams that look like Jungle Fowl in Australia
than fighting cocks.
I am interested to know location details about the sightings of Jungle Fowl
you claim.

Cheers Jeff.