birding-aus

Taiwan ... and a Pheasant Coucal at Royal NP

To: <>
Subject: Taiwan ... and a Pheasant Coucal at Royal NP
From: "David" <>
Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 16:57:10 +1000
Hello John,

I am still here and I stop in periodically to look at the reports.  Most of my
time now is devoted to reptile photography but I always keep an eye out for the
birds.

On Sunday, I went for a walk from Wattamolla to to Little Marley Beach.  In the
late afternoon, I heard a Pheasant Coucal calling in the heath about half-way
back to Wattamolla.  I don't know if that is unusual but it has been many years
since I have last seen or heard a coucal at Royal.  Beautiful Firetails were
reasonably common and Tawny-crowned Honeyeaters were in full song and display
in the low heath near the cliffs.

Here is a link to a number of pics of our diverse geckos:
http://www.fieldherpforum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=25434

Regards,
David