birding-aus

Re: [Birding-Aus] Mudgee info / help with raptor ID‏

To: <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>, <>
Subject: Re: [Birding-Aus] Mudgee info / help with raptor ID‏
From: "Arwen B. Ximenes" <>
Date: Sun, 5 Jul 2009 17:16:47 +1000
Hi all again,

Just to say how much I appreciate all the helpful comments re the raptor ID:
it's ALWAYS a worthwhile exercise to ask the list for opinions, especially as a
perpetual "non-expert", as one always gets tips and learns a great deal, and I
would strongly encourage other people like myself to do the same. For me, it's
more about the process than nailing an ID, though it is satisfying to be pretty
sure it's a Little Eagle. And the extra photos sent by Helga and Tim were
great, thanks.

FYI two people suggested juvenile Black-shouldered Kite and several suggested
Little Eagle. Whether you can positively ID a bird from a photo of that
quality? I'll leave that up to the experts. Sorry to have created such a storm
with such a poor photo - should have mentioned you could download a larger
version and zoom in!

cheers,

Arwen

Arwen Blackwood Ximenes