birding-aus

RFI Oodnadatta track, Tanami, Pilbara

To: <>
Subject: RFI Oodnadatta track, Tanami, Pilbara
From: "Paul & Irene Osborn" <>
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2009 11:42:39 +1000
Actually, I think it's called Howard Springs, not Coward. Still a good place to stop, whatever it's called. I saw some Banded Stilt on a waterhole in one of the creek crossings somewhere south of Williams Creek, back in 2003. The creek crossings were rebuilt last year, so the road should be pretty good. Williams Creek is a nicer place to spend a night than is Oodnadatta. There are plane flights from there out over Lake Eyre, which should have water in at the moment.

There is a creek crossing with a large waterhole a couple of hours south of Marla which had quite a few birds when we were there.

Can second David's reccommendation re the helicopter flights at Purnululu.
Paul Osborn