birding-aus

Bob Beale

To: <>
Subject: Bob Beale
From: "Geoffrey Jones" <>
Date: Mon, 8 Jun 2009 19:30:23 +1000
To my fellow members

                                        I would strongly suggest to Mr Beale
that he should take the time and effort to write a Field Guide on Australian
Birds, for if he could describe every sound that each species makes his
Guide would be as large as the Encyclopaedias and as heavy to carry around.
If anyone has taken the time to listen to the CD's from BOCA they would know
how many different sounds Australian Bird's make and for those of us who are
constantly looking at Aus birds in the field the difference in the plumage
from bird to bird can be extremely different from area to area. The Authors
of our Field Guides in Australia have taken most of their lifetime to do the
research and updating of their Guides and I for one am very grateful Mr
Beale Regard's Geoff Jones