birding-aus

Mitchell Park, Cattai - Spotlighting.

Subject: Mitchell Park, Cattai - Spotlighting.
From: "Greg & Val Clancy" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 22:07:24 +1000
Hi Akos,

The many weird noises that you heard were probably emanating from the
Yellow-bellied Gliders as you suspected.  They make some incredible noises
but are shy of spotlights.  As soon as a light is shone towards them they
usually escape to the far side of the tree.  I have been lucky enough to
have had great views of YBGs on a couple of occasions but have heard them
dozens of times more when I have been unable to see them.   They are the
hardest glider to spotlight in my experience.

Greg Clancy