birding-aus

Mitchell Park, Cattai - Spotlighting.

Subject: Mitchell Park, Cattai - Spotlighting.
From: "Tony Palliser" <>
Date: Wed, 3 Jun 2009 11:36:17 +1000

Akos,
Just out of interest, following your note regarding Cattai NP.  I was there
myself early on Sunday 31-May-09 and although I didn't come across anything
nocturnal  I was rather surprised to see a Grey Goshawk - which is a bird I see
very rarely around Sydney

http://www.pbase.com/tony_palliser/image/113208536

I too drove around Pitt Town bottoms in the hope of finding a few
Chestnut-breasted Mannikin but no luck there - in fact now I come to think of
it I haven't seen any of these around for a long time now.  Loads of double
bars though, which was particularly pleasing.

Cheers
Tony