birding-aus

Blue-billed Ducks in South-east Queensland

To: david taylor <>
Subject: Blue-billed Ducks in South-east Queensland
From: Chris Sanderson <>
Date: Wed, 6 May 2009 11:49:28 +1000
Now might be a topical time to remind people that if you do find a breeding
pair of Blue-billed Ducks (or any other species), you should consider
filling in a Nest Record Scheme form.  Europe and North America both have
great breeding bird surveys that have greatly increased their understanding
of their birds, but Australia needs more people to contribute to the one
that Birds Australia runs.  I believe BA are particularly interested in
people who can make several visits to a nest to track its progress, rather
than a single visit, however I'm sure they would appreciate any data on
offer.

The info on the project is here:
http://www.birdsaustralia.com.au/our-projects/nest-record-scheme.html

Regards,