birding-aus

Blue-billed Duck at Bundamba Wetlands

To: <>
Subject: Blue-billed Duck at Bundamba Wetlands
From: Peter Horler <>
Date: Tue, 05 May 2009 06:50:59 +1000
Hello Bill

I assist in the monthly survey of Bundamba Wetlands (otherwise known as
Daly¹s Lagoon, a private site), south of Ipswich (S.27° 44¹ 08², E.152° 50¹
16²).
On Saturday, 2 May, we (Margaret Cameron, Jim Sneddon, Meg Gordon, Kim
Herbert, Peter Johnson and I) were delighted to find not only a Swamp
Harrier, but a pair of Blue-billed Ducks - a spectacular bird!

I¹ve had a look at your photos, but I¹m not a duck person, so I suspect you
know more than me.

I¹ve also had a look at my Atlas and Birdata and note that there are only a
few sightings in SEQ and more around Gatton than Ipswich!

I¹ll certainly let you know of any further sightings.

Peter
Pine Mountain, Q

Good planets are hard to find
So until we do, please be green