birding-aus

10 birds as tourism attraction

To: birding-nz <>, Birding Aus <>
Subject: 10 birds as tourism attraction
From: Gunnar Engblom <>
Date: Sun, 12 Apr 2009 01:48:43 -0500
Hi all (sorry for double posting)

After my listing project of "1000 birds to see before you
die",(http://is.gd/rHSD) I have started an online blogging course held
by Problogger.
One of the first asignments was to write a blog post with a list. What
could be more perfect for a birder. First I considered to write a list
of the top 10 birds any birder would like to see in Peru - with focus
on endemics and several that I still want to see....BUT
then I thought ...what if...?
What if I instead choose 10 birds that everyone wants to see - birder
or non birders?
A list of the 10 best birds as tourism attractions.

You find my list here - which turned into 11 birds...
http://www.kolibriexpeditions.com/birdingperu/blog/index.php/11-must-see-birds-in-peru-for-everyone/

Such a list should have the potential to reach beyond the circles of
birdwatchers. Maybe a larger public can find the post if you,  in case
you liked this article, bookmark it in social bookmarking services
such as a Stumble Upon, Digg, or Delicious? I am doing an experiment
to see how far this post can reach. Social bookmarking can be very
effective, but it needs a few people to prime the article,

The list of birds I have chosen are great poster species for
conservation and general eco-tourism in Peru. In fact, it could do Peru well
as a country to actively put these birds forward in the promotion of
the country - not only among birders,

So, why not make an excersize? What birds would you chose in your
country as tourism attractions? A good subject for discussion
anyway. Note that it could also be certain types of congegations of
birds

If we birders more actively promoted these birds and events, it will
be easier to gain causes for conservation and recruitment of new
birders.

Happy Easter (Holiday) everyone!

Gunnar

--